Team Cornwall Bursaries
Team Cornwall has established bursaries to acknowledge the important role youth play in shaping the future of our community. Each bursary has its own criteria and selection process.
Team Cornwall Community Award – St. Lawrence College
Available to an entrance student enrolled full-time in any program on the Cornwall campus of St. Lawrence College. Applicants must demonstrate above average academic achievement and contribution to community service, and be residents of the City of Cornwall or the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry. Applications are made directly to St. Lawrence College.
Team Cornwall High School Bursary
Available to a graduating student at a Cornwall secondary school. There are eight (8) bursaries of $500 each, with one bursary made available each year to the following schools:
- St. Joseph’s Catholic Secondary School
- Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School
- École secondaire catholique La Citadelle
- Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School
- École secondaire publique L’Heritage
- St. Lawrence Secondary School
- St. Matthews Catholic Secondary School
- T.R. Leger
While academic achievement deserves recognition, Team Cornwall believes that youth should also be recognized for demonstrating strong qualities of character and good citizenship.
Senior High School students interested in pursuing or accepted into a university or college post-secondary program are eligible for the Team Cornwall High School Bursary. To be eligible, students must:
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards fellow students, faculty and their studies
- participate in extra-curricular activities and exhibit school pride
- strive to make our community a better place, without expectation of recognition
- demonstrate leadership, not necessarily by title but rather by example
- be a positive role model and strive to be his/her absolute best
Bursary recipients are selected by each Cornwall high school. The award is presented by Team Cornwall.