2017 Team Cornwall High School Bursaries Handed Out
Friday, July 7th, 2017
Team Cornwall recognized and celebrated eight local high school graduates at City Hall on Thursday, July 6th. The students were awarded the Team Cornwall High School Bursary for their initiative and pride in the Cornwall community.
While academic achievement deserves recognition, Team Cornwall believes that youth should also be recognized for demonstrating strong qualities of character and good citizenship.
“These students are now Team Cornwall ambassadors,” said Peter Gault, Chair of Team Cornwall. “These bursaries are to recognize these exceptional students and help them receive the education they want, as well as to encourage them to promote our beautiful city.”
The Team Cornwall High School Bursary is awarded to graduating students who demonstrate leadership and a sense of community. It has a value of $500 and is meant to encourage students to become ambassadors for Cornwall as they continue their education.
The bursary program is in its seventh year.
This year’s award winners, each selected by their schools, are:
- Emma Loucks: a graduate of St. Joseph’s Catholic Secondary School, Ms. Loucks will be attending Carleton University to study Psychology.
- Alexander Brunet: a graduate of École secondaire publique L’Héritage, Mr. Brunet will be attending Western University to study Applied Math and Economics
- Corrina Reed: a graduate of Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School.
- Joshua Seguin: a graduate of Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School, Mr. Seguin will be attending Western University to study Kinesiology.
- Dominik Choquette-Lague: a graduate of St. Matthew Catholic Secondary School
- Kaylem Kilger: a graduate of École secondaire catholique La Citadelle,
- Stephanie Devries: a graduate of St. Lawrence Secondary School, Ms. Devries will be attending Algonquin College to study Nursing.
- Khalid Ahmad: a graduate of T.R. Leger,
“These students were chosen because they are leaders and proud of our city,” said Mayor Leslie O’Shaughnessy. “As ambassadors, we hope they will continue to speak highly of Cornwall and let everyone know how great of a community this is.”
About Team Cornwall Bursaries
Team Cornwall has established bursaries to acknowledge the important role youth play in shaping the future of the community. These bursaries include the Team Cornwall High School Bursary, the Team Cornwall Youth Volunteer Bursary and the Team Cornwall Community Award. Each bursary has its own criteria and selection process. More information about Team Cornwall’s bursaries can be found at the following website:
About Team Cornwall
Team Cornwall consists of over 400 business and professional people who work to promote Cornwall to their business contacts around the world. Working closely with Cornwall Economic Development, the Chamber of Commerce and other local organizations, Team Cornwall members help spread the word about the considerable advantages of living and doing business in Cornwall.